Who says you need to be in front of a computer to recharge your phone or DTH connection? Get a smartphone recharge app and do the job in minutes!
Your mobile smartphone has made connectivity much easier. Though you use a prepaid connection, you are happy with the services provided and using your phone is a breeze. Sure, you need to do the prepaid recharge every time the pack validity expires, but there are no usage problems overall.
How to recharge in just a few minutes using your smartphone
You may be away from your office computer, or not at home for days. But whether you are around a computer or not, you still have to pay your bills or do your phone or DTH recharges on the due dates. Missing the due dates can result in the connection being suspended and services curtailed for a while.
Do you normally do your DTH and prepaid recharges over your laptop or desktop computer? This means you use the mobile service provider’s website to see your prepaid options and complete the recharge. It is an easy process when done on the provider’s website, and the payment is debited from your bank account right away.
However, this payment mode can become a slight problem if you are away from your computer or laptop. Imagine if you suddenly remembered that you have not done your prepaid recharge, and you are on a work commute to another city! Or that the prepaid recharge you did was not processed for some reason, resulting in suspension of services. A better alternative is to use your smartphone for your prepaid recharge, using a good recharge app like the myAirtel app.
How to use myAirtel app for prepaid recharge
This is how you can recharge your prepaid connection using the myAirtel app:
- Install the app on your phone. You can find it in Google Play Store or iTunes. It is free to download and use.
- Once installed, click on it to activate the app.
- On the home screen, you can find the words ‘Prepaid’ or ‘recharge’. The good news is that you don’t have to be an Airtel subscriber to use the app. Even a non-Airtel user can recharge their DTH or prepaid connections using the app.
- Follow the directions laid out on the app to recharge. If you are an Airtel subscriber, you will be given quick recharge options – these are pre-set amounts that you can choose. Or you can input a specific recharge amount. Non-Airtel users may not get this option so they will have to proceed with adding a specific recharge amount.
- You can choose between different payment options: Airtel Payments Bank, debit or credit cards, UPI app, net banking or other.
- That’s it – once the payment is processed, your prepaid recharge is complete.