Search engine optimization (SEO) is improving the visibility and ranking of a website or web page in search engine results pages (SERPs). SEO can be used to enhance the visibility of a website or web page in organic (unpaid) search engine results.
Search engine optimization is about improving your website to rank higher in search engine results. When you work with Fanatically Digital in the field, you can be sure that your website will receive the traffic it deserves. However, SEO is not a one-time event – it’s an ongoing process that requires continuous effort. The most important thing is to get started and see results over time.
It would help if you focused on both on-page and off-page SEO to improve your website’s ranking. Keep reading to learn more about the difference between these two types of optimization and how they can help your business.
On-Page Search Engine Optimization?
On-page SEO (also known as on-site SEO) is optimizing a website’s content and HTML code to rank higher and earn more relevant traffic in search engines.
On-page SEO has two main components:
- The content on your website (including the structure, titles, meta descriptions, and alt text)
- The HTML code on your website (including the headings, backlinks, and anchor text)
Simply put, on-page SEO is all about ensuring that both the content and the code on your website are optimized for search engines.
Some of the most important aspects of on-page SEO include:
- Keywords: Keywords are the foundation of on-page SEO. Including relevant keywords in your content can help search engines match your website with the right searches.
- Content: For your website to rank higher, you must ensure that your content is relevant, informative, and engaging.
- HTML code: The HTML code on your website plays a crucial role in on-page SEO. Optimizing your code can help search engines understand your content and rank your website accordingly.
What is Off-Page Search Engine Optimization?
Off-page SEO (also known as off-site SEO) is the practice of optimizing your website for search engines by building links from other websites.
Off-page SEO is about increasing your website’s authority by getting other websites to link to it. The more high-quality links you have, the higher your website will rank in search engine results.
Some of the most important aspects of off-page SEO include:
- Link building: The process of getting other websites to link to your website is known as link building. By building links from high-quality websites, you can increase your website’s authority and improve your search engine rankings.
- Social media: Social media is a powerful tool for off-page SEO. Promoting your website on social media can increase its visibility and reach a wider audience.
- Directory submissions are another critical aspect of off-page SEO. By submitting your website to relevant directories, you can help search engines find and index your website.
Off-page SEO is a crucial part of any successful SEO strategy. By building links from other websites, you can increase your website’s authority and improve your search engine rankings.
Search engine optimization is a complex and ever-changing field. However, by understanding the basics of SEO, you can ensure that your website is well-optimized and stands out from the competition.